Last Updated: March 8, 2018
This policy applies to information the Company collects:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
- When you interact with the Website through third-party social media platforms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand the Company’s policies and practices regarding your information and how the Company will treat it. If you do not agree with the Company’s policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this policy and consent to the Company’s collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this policy. The Company may change this policy on one or more occasions. The Company will consider your continued use of the Website after the Company makes changes as your acceptance of the changes, so please check this policy frequently for updates.
- Persons Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for persons under 18-years old. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to the Company, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screenname or username you may use. If the Company learns that it has collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, the Company will delete that information. If you believe the Company might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact the Company at email@example.com.
- What types of information does the Company collect about you and how is it collected?
The Company collects several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your first and last name, email address, telephone number, patient number, and any other information that the Website collects about you that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your location or any other optional information you provide about yourself; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
The Company collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the Company’s business partners.
Information You Provide to the Company
The information the Company collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information you provide at the time of making a pre-order request, contacting the Company, or requesting further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that the Company might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your requests.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information the Company Collects through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
The Company also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information the Company collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but the Company may keep it or associate it with personal information the Company collects in other ways or receives from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing the Company to:
- Estimate the Website’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, thus allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies the Company uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website (and the Company’s emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
The Company does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that the Company collects from other sources or you provide to the Company.
Social Networks and Third-Party Plugins
- How does the Company use your information?
The Company may use the information that it collects about you or that you provide to the Company for any of the following purposes:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from the Company.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out the Company’s obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services the Company offers or provides through it.
- In any other way the Company may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Company may also use your information to contact you about the Company’s own services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Company to use your information in this way, please send the Company an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information.
- With whom does the Company share your information?
The Company may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The Company may disclose personal information that it collects, or you provide as described in this policy:
- To the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the Company uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The Company may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information?
The Company provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding its collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your account information.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters.
- You may choose whether to receive offers from the Company.
- You may choose whether you receive targeted advertising from the Company.
- How do you access and correct your information?
For personal information that the Company holds, the Company will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that the Company correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if the Company is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. The Company may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Please note that even when you remove information, the Company will keep in its files certain data, including information used to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enhance security, reduce fraud, comply with applicable law, or to enforce any agreements, policies, and rules governing your use of the Website. Removed information also may persist in backup copies or other users’ caches.
- How does the Company protect your personal information?
The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, the Company does not guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or guarantee against all unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Where is your personal information kept?
This Website is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States only. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information the Company collects, including personally identifiable information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personally identifiable information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using the Website or providing the Company with any information, you consent to the transfer to, and processing, usage, sharing, and storage of your information, including personally identifiable information, in the United States as set out in this policy.
- Do Not Track Policy
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other websites. The Company encourages its customers to be aware when they leave the Website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
- No Rights of Third Parties
This policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Website.
Although most changes are likely to be minor, the Company may change this policy on one or more occasions, and in its sole discretion. The Company encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to this policy. Your continued use of the Website after any change in this policy will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
- Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this policy and the Company’s privacy practices, you may contact the Company at email@example.com.